About Me

My photo
I am a sculptor and illustrator with a Fine Arts Degree. I work with different artistic media but lately I’ve been pursuing my passion for motorcycle design and started working on both two and three dimensional concepts and prototypes.

Labels

Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Dacian










"The dignified image of the Dacians was placed in the most prestigious place of the Roman world, in the heart of Rome, the Forum of Trajan. This is a very important and valuable fact for the history of the ancient representations of the Dacians in Roman art and for the history of the culture of Romania."
         Dr. Leonard Velcescu


 Just finished this sculpture that I've been working on for the past month or so. It's a Dacian bust inspired by Ancient Roman Sculptures of Dacians. Will soon cast it in plaster to have it preserved. Like so many other artists that were inspired by Trajan's column and the statues of his forum, I too was compelled to recreate the image of a Dacian.


1 comment:

  1. beauty ..very nice work this head
    designer, i was serching a trip on 500 flat track ...and yet i've look all your blog ..good !!
    regard from france
    nico petit

    ReplyDelete